This Privacy Notice applies to the information that GoJava Inc., operating as Pantree (“we”, “our”, “us”) collects, uses, processes and discloses in the course of its operations.
Specifically, this Privacy Notice provides information on our practices regarding the Personal Information collected, used, processed, and disclosed:
- Through our website www.pantreefoodservice.ca (the “Website”), including through forms found on our Website; and
- When you interact with us or our representatives in person, by email or by phone.
COLLECTION & USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In this Privacy Notice, Personal Information means any information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information Collected From You
When you interact with us through our Websites or contact us by phone or by email, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Contact information such as your name, phone number, email address, your company information (if applicable), and the contents of your message, in order to contact you regarding your orders and to respond to your inquiries;
- Order information, such as your contact information, your delivery address and the details of your order, in order to prepare and fulfill your orders;
- If you create an account on our Websites, account information, such as your email, username and password, for the purposes of creating and managing your account;
- Payment information, such as your method of payment, credit card number, cheque information and other billing information, when you make a purchase or sign-up for pre-authorized payments for future orders; and
- Email address when you subscribe to receive communications such as our newsletter. You may remove yourself from our contact lists by following the unsubscribe instructions in each of the e-mails. You may also remove yourself from our list by contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
You may refuse to provide us with your Personal Information. However, some Personal Information is necessary to deliver our products and services. In these cases, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services.
We may transfer Personal Information to third-parties who act on our behalf (i.e. service providers), for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was originally collected.
In the course of our activities and for the same purposes as those listed in this Privacy Notice, your Personal Information can be accessed by, or transferred to the following categories of recipients on a need-to-know basis to achieve such purposes:
- our personnel, including staff and contractors;
- our suppliers and services providers providing us with services and products and assisting with preparing and fulfilling orders;
- our systems providers that provide us with IT solutions, including web service providers, web hosting, cloud service providers, database providers; and
- our professional advisors, including accountants and lawyers, as part of requesting advice or as part of a business transaction involving part of our business or its assets.
Your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information Collected Automatically Through Our Website
In general, you can visit our Websites without telling us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. However, our Websites use a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Websites can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. We may collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Websites and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our Websites. We use this information to help us understand activity on our Websites and to monitor and improve our services and our Websites.
You may set your Web browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Websites, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of our Websites.
on our Websites using cookies, unless you choose to opt-out from cookies.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties only under one or more of the following circumstances:
- Personal Information you have given us express permission to disclose to a specific third-party;
- In response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, request or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by law;
- If the disclosure is necessary or appropriate for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, to protect our rights or those or our employees, contractors and/or customers, to prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property or to resolve a dispute between us; or in connection with business transaction (e.g. a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings)) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES FOUND ON OUR WEBSITES
Our Websites may include links to third-party websites as well as content and applications hosted and served by third-parties that we do not own or operate. Clicking on those links may allow the third-party to collect or share Personal Information about you. If you follow a link to a third-party website, please refer to the third-party’s privacy notice for information on the type of Personal Information it collects, and how it uses or discloses it. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the information or privacy practices of websites or services owned by third-parties.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, loss, modification, destruction and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. These measures include physical, organizational and technological measures that are proportionate to the quantity and sensitivity of the Personal Information However, we cannot guarantee the security of information in transit over the Internet outside of our system.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information in our custody and control is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the information was collected. While we rely on you to provide us with accurate Personal Information and to update this information as necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, for the purposes for which the information was collected.
LOCATION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as required by law, we will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, or to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
You may choose to exercise any of the following rights related to your Personal Information. Some of these rights will be subject to specific requirements or limitations under applicable law:
- Rights of access and correction: At any time, you may request access to any of your Personal Information that we hold, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law, such as any personal information about another individual that cannot be separated from yours, any information subject to solicitor-client privilege, commercially confidential information, information that may threaten life or security of an individual, or information collected for purposes related to an investigation of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law. You may request information on the types of Personal Information we hold about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. You may also request the correction of any inaccurate, outdated or incomplete information related to you.
- Right to opt-out: At any time, you may “opt-out” or withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure or any other form of processing of your Personal Information, subject to contractual or legal restrictions. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to some processing of your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service.
Whenever we process Personal Information, we take reasonable steps to keep Personal Information accurate and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes identified when it was collected.
We will respond within 30 days. We may not accommodate a request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement. If we cannot accommodate a request, we will provide you with a justification.
We may request certain Personal Information for the purposes of verifying your identity when requesting access to or correction of your Personal Information.
Our Websites and our services are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information about children on our Website or for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Notice. If Personal Information about children has been mistakenly provided to us and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please refer to our “Contact Us” section.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our processing of Personal Information. If we change the way we collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information, we will update this Privacy Notice and when required, we will notify you. These changes will take effect immediately upon posting. Where required by law, we may seek your prior consent.
We strongly encourage you to please refer to this Privacy Notice often for the latest information about our Personal Information practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or regarding your Personal Information, the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Information, or your choices and rights regarding such use, please contact us at:
Last Updated: January, 8 2024